Diversity and inclusion
Proud of our differences - inclusive for everyone
Our diversity brings a wide range of perspectives, which helps attract talent and achieve greater creativity and success in the workplace.
We’re proud of what we have achieved so far on diversity and inclusion, but we understand there is still work to be done across our business.
"We are transforming Petrofac into a company that better reflects the communities we work in, and promotes diversity and inclusion in its widest sense. Our gender diversity targets for 2025 demonstrate this, as does our continued drive to deliver in-country value beyond our contractual or regulatory obligations."
Developing a diverse workforce
We are committed to being a more diverse company, which embraces differing perspectives, is representative of the communities in which we operate, and provides equal opportunities to all employees and job applicants.
- The percentage of women in senior management increased to 25%. As a result we brought our target of 30% of women in senior management forward from 2030 to 2025
- Since 2020 the proportion of women recruited externally into senior management roles has increased from 6% to 26%
- To ensure that the Company hears and engages with a wider spectrum of viewpoints, we established two new global employee network groups – a Women’s Group and a Pride Group
- We have appointed our first Global Head of Diversity and Inclusion, as well as two Diversity Champions in the leadership team
- Each member of the Executive Leadership team is a mentor to two high potential female employees
- We established a Women’s Leadership programme, a six-day initiative, and 48 of our most senior female employees participated
- We introduced a requirement for at least one woman to be included on the final interview shortlist in all the external recruitment of all middle management positions
- We developed a new diversity and inclusion e-learning programme, which is mandatory for all employees from 2021
Ensuring everyone's included
Our message to our people and our partners is very clear: treat people in the way you wish to be treated. Getting it right on inclusion means we are ensuring that people feel valued, accepted, and included for who they are. At Petrofac, we know that we are not all the same and we recognise that as our strength.
Some of the strides we made to build an inclusive working environment in recent years include:
- We have signed up to the Disability Confident programme, to improve our accessibility and inclusion. The Disability Confident scheme supports employers to make the most of the talents disabled people can bring to a workplace
- We have included flexible working options in all our job adverts. We are also open to discussing permanent flexible working options where these can be accommodated
- We are now an Accredited Living Wage employer in the United Kingdom
- We have signed up to the Menopause Workplace Pledge. This means that we are making a commitment to take positive action to support employees going through menopause