The documentation required to register the death of a shareholder is dependant on the type of shareholding. Please write to Equiniti stating:
- full name of the shareholder, as shown on their share certificate(s)
- name of the company in which they hold shares
Enclose one of the following:
If the account is held solely in the name of the deceased:
- sealed copy Jersey grant of probate or letters of administration
- share certificate(s) representing total holding
Alternatively if probate (or the equivalent) is not being sought due to the small value of the estate, you can apply to use their small estate procedure, providing the total value of the Jersey estate is under £10,000. If you require the small estates forms for completion, please contact the Equiniti shareholder helpline on: 0333 207 6378* (from outside the UK +44 (0)121 415 0950).
If the account was held jointly with another person then enclose:
- the original Death certificate
- share certificate(s) for amendment
* Calls are charged at your local rate. Calls outside the United Kingdom will be charged at the applicable international rate. We are open between 08:30 - 17:30, Monday to Friday excluding public holidays in England and Wales.