Petrofac’s EVE Awards recognise employees who have gone above and beyond their day jobs to achieve outstanding results for our projects, clients and communities.
Now in its eighth year, the EVE Awards celebrate employees who truly live our core values: Safe, Ethical, Innovative, Responsive, Quality and cost conscious, and Driven to deliver. These values are at the heart of everything we do.
This year, there were 233 applications from 13 countries, including the UK, UAE, Oman, India, Malaysia and Mexico.
The winners from the six value categories were named at our awards ceremony, held recently in Abu Dhabi.
- Safe: The India engineering team (on one of our Kuwait projects), for their efforts to develop an unconventional yet safe approach to the installation of four transformers.
- Ethical: The Anti-Bribery and Corruption Volunteers team in Malaysia, for their efforts to inspire employees and third parties to the highest standards of ethical behaviour.
- Innovative: The well integrity team from Mexico, for their efforts to successfully design and implement a clever solution to reduce the costs and impact of oil spills.
- Responsive: The Well Engineering team from the UK for their efforts to rapidly install subsea trees, saving the client significant money and maintain project schedule.
- Quality and cost conscious: The India piping engineering team for their success with value engineering, helping to maintain the project schedule and save significant costs.
- Driven to Deliver: The UAE-based team of electrical engineers embraced a challenge to develop a project power supply from an electrically weaker source, with a relentless focus on delivery which impressed the client.
The winner of the People’s Choice Award, as voted for by Petrofac employees, was the India-based piping engineering team, for their success with value engineering.
For the second year, the EVE Awards also incorporated presentation of the Rising Star Award, recognising some of Petrofac’s brightest young talents. This year, it was awarded to UK-based facilities engineer, Eilidh Snadden.
EVE Ambassador Rebeca Rodriguez was also recognised at the ceremony for her efforts supporting the Mexican applicants, resulting in the highest ever number of finalists from Mexico.
Congratulations to all the finalists and winners from the 2018 EVE Awards!