04 September 2015
Petrofac panellist guides young professionals at Energy Institute networking event
Are you working effectively?
That was the question posed by top trainers and industry experts at a thought-provoking Energy Institute Young Professionals Network event in Aberdeen.
In today’s challenging climate, efficiency is more important than ever. That’s why we sponsored the event to give the young leaders of tomorrow a bit of a head start in the oil and gas workplace.
Panellists such as Peter Walker, our Regional Manager of Petrofac Training Services (PTS) and Oonagh Werngren, Operations Director of Oil and Gas UK gathered to share their wisdom.
Six of the best: top tips from the panellists
- It’s never too early to start planning – or deliver
- Understand what is expected of you, and if you can’t deliver, say no (politely!)
- Capitalise on others’ experience to check your work, saving time and mistakes later on
- Don’t be a slave to your email
- Apply the three-minute rule: if you can tick a task off within that time, do it now
- Get personal – rather than clogging up email inboxes, build a relationship over the phone - or even better, in person
Peter Walker said: “It was great to help guide these young professionals. I hope we gave them food for thought from our past experiences.”