The construction team working on the New Power Distribution Network Project in Kuwait recently organised a ‘Clean Desert Campaign’ in support of Petrofac’s HSSE initiatives.
The campaign highlighted the need to maintain and preserve our environment for future generations and encouraged staff to keep the project site clean as well as surrounding desert areas. The project covers a vast area of more than 500 square kilometres in the Sabriyah and Raudhatain areas of North Kuwait.
On 18 February, employees from Petrofac, our customer Kuwait Oil Company (KOC) and our construction partners NBTC and Al-Ghanim International all came together for a clean-up of the desert area around a sub-station.
The campaign and clean-up day attracted widespread appreciation from our customer KOC, and along with further efforts made on our site office, Petrofac won KOC’s North Kuwait Green Site contest.
Congratulations to all involved and those who led the campaign:
- Jitender Goel (Project Manager - Petrofac)
- Aravindakshan Nair (Construction Manager - Petrofac)
- Rejith Kumar (HSE Manager - Petrofac)
- Bassam Al-Otaibi (Lead Construction Engineer - KOC)
- Surendran Tharur (Project Manager - NBTC)
- V.Sugumaran (Project Manager – Al-Ghanim)
Caption: Jitender Goel, Project Manager, receiving the award from Emad Mahmoud Sultan, Deputy CEO, North Kuwait KOC.