Cyber-security and data protection
In response to rapidly evolving data security risks, and to support Petrofac’s wider digitalisation initiatives, we have a strong focus on cyber-security and data protection.
We stepped-up our programme and have recently started a number of noteworthy initiatives:
- Enhancing our threat detection capabilities and threat-hunting capabilities by leveraging machine learning-based detection systems
- Improving our threat intelligence capabilities, with an emphasis on region- and industry-specific threats
- Extending our cyber-security awareness programmes to cover vendors and third parties to create a culture of cyber risk awareness across our supply chain
- Continuing our phishing simulation tests and awareness programme to ensure our employees remain aware of the latest phishing techniques and to create a strong and dynamic cyber- security culture
- Continuing the assessment of cyber-security risks with regular vulnerability assessments, penetration tests and Red Team exercises
Cyber-security remains a key priority in all our digitalisation initiatives, and we ensure that appropriate security protection is embedded from the initial ideation and conceptual phases.