Petrofac secured a contract in late 2007 with In Salah Gas, for the design and installation of additional field compression facilities at each of their three northern fields of REG, TEG and Krechba, Algeria.
Petrofac Training Services were asked to provide customised technical training; including vendor training for approx 200 ISG operators, technicians and supervisors, in process, mechanical, instrument and electrical disciplines.
The training programme covered:
- Training coordination for a period of two years
- Development and submission of the training plan and training programme
- Development and delivery of approximately thirty-five technical training manuals in English and French
- One year of foundation technical training in ISG site
- Approximately six months of vendor training in vendor shops and project sites
- Competency assessment and close up report
Training focussed on the following systems:
- Well sites and associated control systems
- Pig launcher and receiver
- Field gathering stations
- Gas plant containing separation unit
- Test separator
- Cryostar turboexpander
- Dehydration and utilities covering flare
- Instrument air package
- Diesel generator
- Rolls Royce turbine generator electrical substation
- Yokogawa Distributed Control System (DCS)
- Drainage system
Training provision also included underpinning knowledge, design basis, control narratives, cause and effect, plant emergencies, safety and standard operating procedures specific to the ISG Compression Project.