Petrofac’s EVE Awards recognise employees who have achieved incredible results by truly living our values. The awards celebrate those who have gone beyond the requirements of their day jobs and attained outstanding results for our projects, clients and communities.
Now in its seventh year, the EVE Awards remain as relevant and important as ever. Our values sit at the heart of everything we do, inspire our success and guide our decisions and actions.
This year, we received 248 applications from 12 countries – including the UK, UAE, Malaysia, India, Iraq and Algeria.
The winners from our six value categories were crowned at our awards ceremony in Dubai:
- Safe – Healthy Hearts team, UK, for developing a creative health campaign to raise awareness of heart-related health risks amongst employees. The campaign has since been rolled out globally
- Ethical – Ganarajan Makkandhery and Ronald Thomas, UAE, for demonstrating their commitment to upholding our ethical value and maintaining integrity, and having the confidence to refuse the offer of a bribe
- Innovative – Glen Hanning, UK, for his innovative method to repair leaking joints on an FPSO’s swivel downpipe. His solution was an offshore first and avoided drydocking the FPSO
- Responsive – Degassing station team, Iraq, for utilising an unplanned shutdown to carry out critical scopes planned for a later shutdown
- Quality & Cost Conscious – Wet air oxidation project team, UAE, for developing an initiative which would optimise the waste water treatment unit and wet air oxidation package without compromising on quality or performance
- Driven to deliver – Malaysia field team for identifying an opportunity to install remote intervention reset panels on an FPSO during the short annual production shutdown window, converting production downtime from manual intervention into additional annual oil production
The winner of the People’s Choice Award, as voted for my Petrofac employees, was the India team responsible for the execution of an innovative 80 inch storm waterflow line design.
This year, for the first time, we recognised some of Petrofac's brightest young talents at the EVE Awards ceremony - in the form of the Rising Star Award. The award was presented to Amsaveni Vikkisudhan, a Senior Engineer from Chennai.
Chennai's Assistant General Manager Sankar Subbiah said of Amsaveni: "She has the ability to find innovative solutions when faced with challenges during the engineering design phase of a project."
As well as recognising the finalists and winners, Ayman Asfari also honoured both some of our longest-serving colleagues, and some who have sadly passed away but are much missed.
Well done to all the finalists and the winners!