Engineering & Construction (E&C) delivers onshore and offshore engineering, procurement, construction, installation and commissioning projects on a lump-sum basis. We have more than 35 years of expertise in this area, and our services encompass both greenfield and brownfield developments.
In 2017 we completed several substantial projects, both upstream and downstream, such as the In Salah Gas gathering facility, and the Sohar refinery improvement project.
Our ongoing and new projects include:
- US$1.3 billion lump-sum engineering procurement and construction project with Kuwait Oil Company for the first oil and gas sour gathering centre in the Burgan oil field
- US$2 billion 50/50 joint venture with Samsung Engineering for Duqm Refinery and Petrochemical Industries. This project will include engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning, training and start-up operations for all the utilities and offsites
- US$700 million project on Sakahlin Island, in Russia, to support Sakhalin Energy in maintaining its export gas capacity
- US$800 million gas train project for BP (Khazzan Phase 2, Oman). This follows the completion of the US$1.4 billion Phase 1 project in late 2017.
- US$4 billion heavy oil project (in consortium with CCC) for Kuwait Oil Company’s Lower Fars heavy oil development programme
Also part of E&C is our Offshore Capital Projects (OCP) service line, which provides turnkey delivery of offshore platforms, floaters and pipelines in shallow and deep-water worldwide.
Structure and leadership:
E&C is led by:
- George Salibi, Chief Operating Officer, E&C, who has overall accountability for delivery against the E&C business plan
- Craig Muir, Chief Commercial Officer, who oversees E&C’s Commercial, Project Controls, Resourcing, Procurement, Systems Development, Quality and Proposals functions, as well as Group Business Development
- E Sathy, Group Managing Director, E&C, who is responsible for delivery of the E&C portfolio in the UAE, Kuwait, and North Africa
- Sunder Kalyanam, Group Managing Director, E&C Growth and Chairman of Petrofac India, who is responsible for the delivery of the E&C portfolio in our growth regions, including India, Asia, the CIS, and Sub-Saharan Africa
- Elie Lahoud, Group Managing Director, E&C, who is responsible for delivery of our E&C portfolio in Oman, Saudi Arabia and Iraq
- Roberto Bertocco, Managing Director, EPCm