As a result of a number of challenges faced during 2015, the Company focused on building on its core strengths over the course of 2016.
The Board continued to oversee areas such as: project execution, providing guidance to management where relevant, ensuring projects could be completed successfully and that the business could continue to embed its operational excellence initiatives across the Group.
Risk management also continued to be a key discipline for the Group, with improvements being made throughout the year to our risk management processes.
In 2017 we will focus on the following areas:
- Strategy execution – to oversee the continued strategic development of the Company
- Project delivery – remains a significant area of focus for the Board and executive management to ensure that we continue to implement lessons learnt from prior projects across the Group
- Succession planning – remains important to ensure any Board and senior management changes are managed effectively, with the aim of retaining knowledge and continuity
- Compliance and risk management – to help embed the processes in place at Group level throughout the organisation, ensuring that robust internal controls are in place and the risks associated with non-compliance with laws and regulations are reduced
- Stakeholder engagement – openly engaging with stakeholders to explain any proposed major changes and to understand their views and discuss any areas of concern