Sajaa gas plant
In 2010, Petrofac was awarded a five-year Duty Holder contract by the Sharjah National Oil Corporation (SNOC) to operate the Sajaa Gas Plant located in Sharjah.
Petrofac is providing a full range of facilities management services to the Sharjah Government including:
- HSE and Asset Integrity management
- reservoir and well management
- plant operations and maintenance
- engineering and project management, and
- business support services
Discovered in 1980, the Sajaa Gas Plant is Sharjah’s largest producing gas development, and is not only an important source of export of revenue for the Emirate but provides a large percentage of the fuel gas for the local power utility stations in Sharjah. Maintaining optimum production and mitigating any potential flow issues is therefore an essential deliverable for Petrofac.
From the start of the project to date, Petrofac has managed a number of successful integrity investment and repair projects, significantly enhancing the status of asset integrity on the asset:
- LPG Plant shutdown project to inspect critical vessels (March 2012)
- inspection and full internal repair of three condensate tanks with total capacity 550,000 barrels (2011-2012)
- repair programme for ex-equipment on the asset (2012-2013)
- extension of fire and gas system on the gas plant (2013)
The asset has undergone four major internal Safety and Integrity Audits and has been assessed as “well managed with a highly capable and conscientious team focused on continual improvement”.
It is a tremendous achievement to have transferred the operation of the Sajaa Asset in only 12 weeks while maintaining the highest level of safety performance. The concept of ‘one team’ has been truly embodied and exemplified throughout the transition.
Petrofac has worked very successfully with SNOC on the Sajaa Asset over the first three years of the contract to maintain the high standards of safety on the asset, deliver high plant uptime and complete a number of high profile asset projects. It is a very important time in the lifecycle of the asset and it has been very valuable to have had Petrofac on board as Duty Holder operator in this time.