Sajaa gas plant
In 2010, Petrofac was awarded a five-year Duty Holder contract by the Sharjah National Oil Corporation (SNOC) to operate the Sajaa Gas Plant located in Sharjah.
Discovered in 1980, the Sajaa Gas Plant is Sharjah’s largest producing gas development, and is not only an important source of export of revenue for the Emirate but provides a large percentage of the fuel gas for the local power utility stations in Sharjah. Maintaining optimum production and mitigating any potential flow issues was therefore an essential deliverable for us.
We provided a full range of facilities management services including:
- HSE and asset integrity management;
- reservoir and well management;
- plant operations and maintenance;
- engineering and project management, and
- business support services.
From the start of the project to its end in November 2015, we have:
- maintained an exemplary health and safety record,
- had considerable success delivering production ahead of target every year,
- arrested the production decline of the asset through the delivery of the full field compression project,
- executed numerous maintenance and integrity projects to leave the asset in an enhanced condition.
- completed four major internal safety and integrity audits, which were assessed as ‘well managed with a highly capable and conscientious team focused on continual improvement’.
The Sajaa Duty Holder contract has been a great overall success. Petrofac and SNOC are both very proud of the relationship established over the past five years. From the first day of the contract we have worked closely together to achieve the high performance we have delivered. The people we have worked with have done a magnificent job and the asset is in great shape for SNOC.