Petrofac’s first project in Kuwait in 1982 was in the region of US$2 million. Today our projects exceed US$4 billion. We have a fully operational country office to support a sustainable and continued presence in Kuwait and a strong commitment to working with the local community in terms of supply chain optimisations and recruitment.
In 2015 we were awarded two contracts, for US$4 billion and US$780 million respectively. In January, we announced that we are leading a consortium with Consolidated Contractors Company (CCC) to deliver the first phase of Kuwait Oil Company’s Lower Fars heavy oil development programme. The contract is set to be completed in approximately 52 months. In July, we received an award notification for Kuwait’s Oil Company Manifold Group Trunkline system in north Kuwait. This contract is due for completion at the end of 2017.
- US$4 billion heavy oil project (in consortium with CCC) for Kuwait Oil Company’s (KOC) Lower Fars heavy oil development programme
- US$780 million EPC contract for Kuwait’s Oil Company Manifold Group Trunkline system
- US$1.7 billion share of a joint venture US$ 3.7 billion EPC contract for Kuwait National Petroleum Company’s (KNPC) Clean Fuels Project with Samsung and CB&I
- US$700 million EPC contract for Kuwait Oil Company’s (KOC) gathering centre 29 (GC29)
Completed projects include:
- US$400 million pipeline project with KOC for the installation of fuel and gas oil pipelines
- US$430 million EPC contract with KOC for effluent water and central sea water injection facilities
- US$200 million EPC contract with KOC for a new power distribution network
- US$543 million EPC contract with KOC for a new gas pipeline
With a track record in Kuwait extending over the last 15 years and some 12 projects in its portfolio, the country is one of Petrofac’s core markets and is of strategic importance to Petrofac’s ambitions in the Middle East.