Malaysia is a fast growing operational centre for Petrofac in the Asia Pacific region, bringing together:
- the value offer from the Integrated Energy Services (IES) and Engineering, Construction, Operations and Maintenance (ECOM) divisions to service the local markets
- offshore capability with track record demonstrated by the Cendor, SEPAT and Berantai developments for PETRONAS
The creation of a new engineering services business in Malaysia – Petrofac Engineering Services (Malaysia) – is a significant milestone in the continued development of our offshore capability and illustrates our commitment to the area and to offering Petrofac’s suite of global services directly within local markets.
We will continue to draw on our resources and capability in order to support PETRONAS in the development of the country’s oil and gas resources. We are looking forward to future projects as we aim to build a strong presence in the region and continue to add value for our customers.
Our 1,140-strong Malaysian team is now responsible for more than US$2 billion of offshore projects. Since December 2010, we have secured:
- a risk service contract to lead the development and operation of the Berantai field, offshore Peninsular Malaysia
- our first lump-sum offshore engineering, procurement, construction, installation and commissioning (EPCIC) contract in South East Asia for the full scope of the SEPAT early production system – the team has since achieved first oil ahead of schedule
- a memorandum of understanding with PETRONAS. to accelerate the development of West Desaru fault block, part of PM304 block, located offshore Peninsular Malaysia
- a memorandum of understanding with PETRONAS for a technical training partnership to develop competency-based training for operations and maintenance personnel in Malaysia
- a contract with PETRONAS for the refurbishment of the Bekok-C platform
We have been working with PETRONAS since 2004; it is a relationship we value highly and which continues to deepen. Our West Desaru Early Production System and Instep training partnership arrangements will support PETRONAS in their continuous efforts to enhance Malaysian capability in the oil and gas sector.