- Petrofac and Louisiana State University launch the first OPITO approved fire training course in the United States20 July 2009
- Petrofac acquires floating production facility17 July 2009
- Petrofac partnership awarded US$2.1 Billion Abu Dhabi integrated gas development contract16 July 2009
- Petrofac awarded engineering and offshore construction contract on Forties Field9 July 2009
- Petrofac awarded gas compression project worth more than US$350 million2 July 2009
- Don Southwest Commences Production1 July 2009
Petrofac Appointed by Turkmengas on South Yoloten Gas Field Development
30 December, 2009
Petrofac, the international oil & gas facilities service provider, has been engaged by Turkmengas, the state-owned National Gas Company of Turkmenistan, to provide services in relation to the development of the South Yoloten gas field (the “Project”), situated approximately 400 km south east of the capital Ashgabat.
The first phase of the contract, which was signed with Petrofac International (UAE) LLC, valued at approximately US$100 million, will involve Petrofac completing a front end engineering and design study for the Project together with initial planning and set-up studies. After satisfactory conclusion of the first phase, the contract contemplates moving into a second phase which will include the engineering, procurement and commissioning work for a 10 billion cubic metres per annum (bcma) gas processing facility along with the infrastructure and pipelines for the entire 20 bcma development.
Petrofac’s extensive experience of designing and constructing facilities to handle and process sour gas was a factor in Petrofac’s selection for the project as the feed gas from the field contains around 6% H2S. The eventual scope for the South Yoloten development is likely to include: well pad facilities; gathering systems; gas processing and sweetening; sulphur handling, storage and export and condensate processing, storage and export facilities.
Maroun Semaan, group chief operating officer said: “This is Petrofac’s first project award in Turkmenistan although we have been building our relations with Turkmengas for some time. The development of the South Yoloten field is a critical part of Turkmenistan’s plans to exploit their very significant hydrocarbon resources and we are honoured to have been given the opportunity to work on this important project at such a strategic stage of its evolution.”