- Petrofac Appointed by Turkmengas on South Yoloten Gas Field Development30 December 2009
- Trading Update16 December 2009
- Kincorth Academy Builds Bridges with Petrofac11 December 2009
- Petrofac delivers global project management training through strategic alliance7 December 2009
- Don Southwest update3 December 2009
- Petrofac celebrates group-wide Environment Month1 December 2009
- Petrofac and Louisiana State University launch the first OPITO approved fire training course in the United States20 July 2009
- Petrofac acquires floating production facility17 July 2009
- Petrofac partnership awarded US$2.1 Billion Abu Dhabi integrated gas development contract16 July 2009
- Petrofac awarded engineering and offshore construction contract on Forties Field9 July 2009
- Petrofac Training Services appoints new Managing Director6 July 2009
- Petrofac awarded gas compression project worth more than US$350 million2 July 2009
- Don Southwest Commences Production1 July 2009
Petrofac awarded gas compression project worth more than US$350 million
2 July, 2009
Petrofac, the international oil & gas facilities service provider, has been awarded a contract worth more than US$350 million for the Kauther gas-field depletion-compression project. The contract was awarded on behalf of the Government of Oman by Petroleum Development Oman (PDO), which has been developing the Sultanate’s gas fields on behalf of the Government since 1978.
Petrofac will undertake the engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) of the gas compression system, and associated facilities at the Kauther gas plant, in addition to undertaking the commissioning and six months of initial operations.
The project follows the successful completion of the Kauther gas plant in 2007, which Petrofac built on an EPC basis for PDO, including commissioning and operations. In early 2008, Petrofac was asked to carry out the front end engineering and design (FEED) for the gas depletion-compression project and then invited to submit a commercial proposal for the EPC on a negotiated basis.
Maroun Semaan, group chief operating officer of Petrofac, commented: “We are delighted to have successfully secured the Kauther gas depletion compression project. This award serves to further reinforce Petrofac’s commitment to the Omani market, gives us continuity of business in the Sultanate and again highlights Petrofac’s continued competitiveness in the Middle East.”