- Petrofac Consortium Appointed by KLPE LLP (KLPE) for Integrated Petrochemical Project in Kazakhstan19 September 2013
- Developing new talent to reach future career heights18 September 2013
- Petrofac Signs US$120 million Agreement to Deliver World-class Training Capabilities for Malaysian National Oil Company16 September 2013
- Galkynysh Gas Field Processing Facility Inaugurated4 September 2013
Petrofac secures new contract in North Sea with Nexen
9 May, 2012
Petrofac, the international oil & gas service provider, today announces that it has been awarded a service contract by Nexen Petroleum UK Ltd. (Nexen), for the Golden Eagle Area Development (GEAD) in the central North Sea.
The contract – which will run into 2013 and is worth almost £1 million – will see Petrofac’s Plant Asset Management arm develop and implement a maintenance regime for the project, supported by a bespoke data development and management software tool, BuildME™. This is the first major contract between Nexen and Plant Asset Management in the North Sea, and underlines Petrofac’s commitment to building offshore capability in the region, while showcasing the development of best in class work management systems.
Petrofac’s Plant Asset Management team will develop a risk-based maintenance programme covering maintenance strategy, shutdown strategy and critical spares. Specifically, this process will see the team integrate and align a computerised maintenance management system (CMMS) with Nexen’s own systems, to implement a number of tangible improvements, including:
• identification of optimum approach to repair of equipment failure
• early identification of organisational requirements, and proper cataloguing of spares
• accurate and timely input into design to facilitate effective maintenance into operations
The GEAD is a new two platform development for the North Sea, approximately 70 kilometres offshore Aberdeen.
John Morrison, European operations manager, Plant Asset Management, commented: “We are delighted to be working with Nexen to deliver this project. While we already have experience of similar projects thanks to our work on the Quad 204, Clair Ridge and Andrew Area Development projects for BP, this continues our expansion in the provision of maintenance excellence solutions into the North Sea offshore market, and we look forward to building on this further.”