- Petrofac Awarded Irish Sea Duty Holder Contract27 November 2006
- Petrofac Wins Consecutive Gas Plant Contract in Egypt27 November 2006
- Hasdrubal Gas Plant Contract Award in Tunisia15 November 2006
- WaGE Meets Major Milestones14 November 2006
- Petrofac Wins Gas Plant Contract in Egypt14 November 2006
- Petrofac Awarded Strasshof Development FEED13 November 2006
- First Cargo Lifting from Cendor Field, Malaysia9 November 2006
- Investment in Tunisian Interest9 November 2006
- Petrofac Training to establish Deepwater Training function for BP USA29 March 2006
- Petrofac Training Secures Contract with ECITB24 March 2006
- Integrated Emergency Response Service Centre Goes Live16 March 2006
- Shell Selects RGIT Montrose to Deliver New Standard in Water Survival Training in the Gulf of Mexico6 March 2006
- Petrofac Wins Contract in Kazakhstan with Karachaganak Award1 March 2006
Petrofac Training to establish Deepwater Training function for BP USA
29 March, 2006
Petrofac Training, the operations and technical training specialists of the Petrofac Group, has been awarded a six month training management consultancy contract in the Gulf of Mexico by BP USA Deepwater, commencing in March 2006. Petrofac Training will design, establish and implement a world class training function across BP USA’s deepwater activities.
A team from Petrofac Training will work within the BP facilities in Houston to set-up the training function. Key parts of the project include: development of training strategy; establishment of procedures and standards; and the management of all aspects of training from identifying the training needs to the administration management of training requests.
Commenting on the project award, Petrofac Training’s sales & marketing director, Martin Beard said: “Over the last few months, the team has worked extensively with BP USA Deepwater. We share a common goal for this project: the creation of a world class operation for BP USA on their hugely exciting and challenging Deepwater programme.
“The individuals that Petrofac Training has assembled for this project all have key roles to play &, as a team, provide the right blend of experience and entrepreneurialism that is the hallmark of Petrofac’s operations worldwide. This contract is another example of the integrated solutions that Petrofac Training is now able to offer.”
Ken Henckel, organisational development leader at BP, said: “The important measure for BP USA Deepwater was to ensure that we chose a partner who could not only deliver but also fit with our team and share our values and goals. The team at Petrofac Training has more than satisfied us with their drive and commitment and we look forward to this project achieving the success that we are all aiming for.”
Petrofac Training has completed a series of consultancy projects with BP USA Deepwater in the Gulf of Mexico. Initially contracted to complete a safety audit, Petrofac Training then completed a baseline survey in marine competence for all eight of BP’s deepwater installations in the Gulf of Mexico.