- Petrofac Awarded Irish Sea Duty Holder Contract27 November 2006
- Petrofac Wins Consecutive Gas Plant Contract in Egypt27 November 2006
- Hasdrubal Gas Plant Contract Award in Tunisia15 November 2006
- WaGE Meets Major Milestones14 November 2006
- Petrofac Wins Gas Plant Contract in Egypt14 November 2006
- Petrofac Awarded Strasshof Development FEED13 November 2006
- First Cargo Lifting from Cendor Field, Malaysia9 November 2006
- Investment in Tunisian Interest9 November 2006
- Petrofac Training to establish Deepwater Training function for BP USA29 March 2006
- Petrofac Training Secures Contract with ECITB24 March 2006
- Integrated Emergency Response Service Centre Goes Live16 March 2006
- Shell Selects RGIT Montrose to Deliver New Standard in Water Survival Training in the Gulf of Mexico6 March 2006
- Petrofac Wins Contract in Kazakhstan with Karachaganak Award1 March 2006
Petrofac Training Launches Pipeline Operations Training
12 July, 2006
Petrofac Training, the specialist operations and technical training company of the Petrofac Group, is launching the UK’s first pipeline training facility.
To be launched this autumn at the company’s training centre in Montrose, the pipeline facility will enable Petrofac Training to simulate pipeline operations process on actual facilities for the purposes of training and competence development, without any of the risk associated with live operations.
The facility, which will also be used for research and testing purposes, can be used to train both on and offshore personnel and consists of a 1km, 10” diameter pipeline constructed in a loop formation. When complete, it will also feature the latest supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) technology, enabling multiple scenario simulations to be programmed during training.
The pipeline facility is the most recent addition to Petrofac Training’s extensive operations and technical training portfolio, and will offer a number of courses across the subject area from basic introductory to more advanced levels across pipeline operations, pigging operations and corrosion engineering.
Louise Ferguson, UK/Europe operations director for Petrofac Training, is delighted with the new addition to the company’s portfolio:
“At Petrofac Training we continually look for new ways of enhancing our product and service offering. The pipeline operations facility is a significant and complementary addition to our existing facilities and resulting training capability. Research has shown that there is a strong desire within the oil & gas industry to reduce the in-house training burden and to achieve some standardisation across the industry in the area of pipeline operations. We are working closely with key industry representatives to ensure that course content and methodologies employed meet the needs of the industry."
Ferguson added, “An important differentiator is the ability for delegates to undertake extensive h&s-on training without the dangers and risks associated with a ‘live’ pipeline, reflecting Petrofac Training’s approach to offer blended learning solutions, combining theory with practical training and experience.”