- Appointment of Bill Dunnett18 September 2007
- Brownfield Awarded LNG Contract in Equatorial Guinea13 September 2007
- Scottish MSP Takes Part in Petrofac's Environmental Awareness Month11 September 2007
- Petrofac Marks 10th Anniversary as Duty Holder with Northern Producer Success6 September 2007
- Interim Results for the six months ended 30 June 20076 September 2007
- Petrofac Training Unites Divisions Under a Single Brand4 September 2007
- Award of Karachaganak Phase III Feed25 June 2007
- Trading Update25 June 2007
- Increased Demand for Greenhand Course21 June 2007
- Petrofac Awards Scholarship to Aberdeen University Student12 June 2007
- Petrofac Resources Division Renamed 'Petrofac Energy Developments'11 June 2007
- Investment in Australian Interest4 June 2007
- Petrofac & Babcock Create Skills Alliance29 March 2007
- Industry Award Success for Petrofac20 March 2007
- Successful First Year for Emergency Service Response Centre19 March 2007
- Petrofac Commits to Southern North Sea19 March 2007
- Final Results for the year ended 31 December 20065 March 2007
- Directorate Change5 March 2007
5 March, 2007
The Board of Petrofac, the international oil & gas facilities service provider, is recommending that shareholders approve the appointment of two additional Board directors at its Annual General Meeting to be held on 11 May 2007. If approved by shareholders Amjad Bseisu, currently Chief Executive of Petrofac’s Resources division, and Rijnhard van Tets would join the Board on 11 May 2007. Mr van Tets would join the Board as an independent non-executive director.
Rodney Chase, Chairman of Petrofac, commented: “We would be delighted to welcome Rijnhard and Amjad to the Board of Petrofac. Rijnhard brings a wealth of experience from a senior career in investment banking and Amjad has a detailed understanding of the oil and gas market. I am sure both will make a valuable contribution to the Board as Petrofac seeks to establish itself as the leading international oil and gas services provider.”
Biography of Mr Bseisu
Mr Bseisu (age 43) joined Petrofac in 1998 and founded the Resources’ business. Mr Bseisu previously served on the Petrofac Board before stepping down prior to the Company’s admission to listing on The London Stock Exchange. Before joining Petrofac, Mr Bseisu spent 14 years working for the Atlantic Richfield Company (ARCO) starting his career as senior engineer in the drilling and production division and progressing through the organisation to become Head of International Marketing, Negotiations and Business Development and president of ARCO Petroleum Ventures and ARCO Crude Training, Inc.
Mr Bseisu is not currently on the board of any public company but in the past five years has served on the board of Stratic Energy Corporation and Serica Energy Corporation.
Biography of Mr van Tets
Mr van Tets (age 59) brings a wealth of corporate experience to the Board from a career in investment banking. He is currently an adviser to the managing board of ABN AMRO having previously served as a member of the managing board from 1990 to 2002. Mr van Tets occupied a number of senior executive positions at ABN AMRO, most recently as Chairman of its Wholesale Clients and Investment Banking Group between 1996 and 2002.
Mr van Tets is currently non-executive chairman of the boards of Wegener N.V., Arcadis N.V., Euronext Amsterdam N.V. and Equity Trust Holdings. In addition, he is a non-executive director of Euronext N.V., IFF Europe and Stichting Administratiekantoor Buhrm ann N.V.
In accordance w ith Listing Rule 9.6.15, it is confirmed that there are no details to be disclosed pursuant to Listing Rule 9.6.13.