- Appointment of Bill Dunnett18 September 2007
- Brownfield Awarded LNG Contract in Equatorial Guinea13 September 2007
- Scottish MSP Takes Part in Petrofac's Environmental Awareness Month11 September 2007
- Petrofac Marks 10th Anniversary as Duty Holder with Northern Producer Success6 September 2007
- Interim Results for the six months ended 30 June 20076 September 2007
- Petrofac Training Unites Divisions Under a Single Brand4 September 2007
- Award of Karachaganak Phase III Feed25 June 2007
- Trading Update25 June 2007
- Increased Demand for Greenhand Course21 June 2007
- Petrofac Awards Scholarship to Aberdeen University Student12 June 2007
- Petrofac Resources Division Renamed 'Petrofac Energy Developments'11 June 2007
- Investment in Australian Interest4 June 2007
- Petrofac & Babcock Create Skills Alliance29 March 2007
- Industry Award Success for Petrofac20 March 2007
- Successful First Year for Emergency Service Response Centre19 March 2007
- Petrofac Commits to Southern North Sea19 March 2007
- Final Results for the year ended 31 December 20065 March 2007
- Directorate Change5 March 2007
SPD Awarded Global Contract
20 December, 2007
Petrofac, the international oil & gas facilities service provider, announces that its well operations business, SPD, the international well engineering company, has been awarded a long-term global contract by the Korea National Oil Corporation (KNOC) for the provision of drilling management support services.
The multi-million dollar contract, which was signed by both parties this week, includes operations in Canada, Kamchatka, Kazakhstan, Korea, Nigeria and Yemen covering both onshore and offshore operations.
SPD’s business development manager, Huw Lumley, said: “SPD’s relationship with KNOC has been built steadily from mutual trust and aligned objectives, and one of the cornerstones of the formalised agreement is the sharing and transfer of knowledge and experience. This contract goes beyond simply providing drilling management services and encompasses formal and informal training for KNOC personnel over an extended period.”
SPD’s operations director, Alistair Davidson, added: “The award of this contract is another significant milestone for SPD and we look forward to developing our alliance with KNOC through this long-term contract. The scope and variety of the operations that KNOC faces over the coming years is extremely diverse and interesting and we welcome these challenges.”
KNOC commented: “This prestigious and unprecedented contract has been awarded to SPD on the basis of their technical excellence in the field of drilling management. KNOC has many exciting and challenging operations across the globe over the next few years and we look forward to developing this partnership and using SPD’s experience in the international arena.
The contract is the latest in a series of projects and ongoing well engineering and project management support contracts won by SPD since its establishment in Dubai in September 2002.