- Petrofac Supports Surrey SATRO to Train Engineers of the Future25 November 2008
- Petrofac Wins Brownfield Consultancy Contract in Abu Dhabi24 November 2008
- Petrofac Training Launches Fourth Emergency Management Simulator in UK21 November 2008
- Northern Producer on Location in Don20 November 2008
- Award Winning Partnership Between Petrofac and Kincorth Academy Celebrates 10 Years18 November 2008
- Petrofac awarded US$543 million lump-sum contract with Kuwait Oil Company13 November 2008
- Petrofac Acquires Production Technology Specialist29 August 2008
- Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30 June 200827 August 2008
- Petrofac Commences Offshore Construction and Drilling on Don26 August 2008
- Petrofac Training to Pilot the new Minimum Safety Training Standards25 August 2008
- Cycle Challenge Raises £60,000 for Cancer Charities21 August 2008
- Petrofac Commences Production from Chergui11 August 2008
- Petrofac Upgrades Fire Training Facility5 August 2008
- Petrofac Secures Further Gas Plant Project in Egypt1 August 2008
- Petrofac Receives Field Development Approval For Don28 May 2008
- Petrofac FPAL Verify Certificate26 May 2008
- AGM Resolutions Poll Results19 May 2008
- Interim Management and AGM Statement16 May 2008
- Petrofac Expands in Norway15 May 2008
- Petrofac Awarded Contract in Southern North Sea13 May 2008
- Sudan Divestment Task Force removes divestment recommendation on Petrofac12 May 2008
- Petrofac Opens Training Centre in Houston7 May 2008
- Petrofac Secures Further Award for Kashagan Field Development Project18 April 2008
- Petrofac Training Demonstrates Commitment to Sakhalin Island14 April 2008
- Venture Extends Contract with Petrofac7 April 2008
- Petrofac Awarded Ebla Gas Plant Project in Syria, Agrees to Acquire Equity in Production Sharing Contract4 April 2008
- Petrofac Awarded Two North Sea Projects3 April 2008
- SPD Lands Major Management Contract Offshore Mozambique27 January 2008
- Production Recommences on Thistle Alpha15 January 2008
- Petrofac and Dubai Petroleum to open Training Centre13 January 2008
- Petrofac secures Northern Producer and submits field development plans for Don Area Developments10 January 2008
Petrofac Training Demonstrates Commitment to Sakhalin Island
14 April, 2008
Petrofac Training, a leading provider of training and consultancy solutions to the international energy industries, today announces that its technical training business in Sakhalin, PKT, has opened a competence-based technical training centre in Yuzhno and has been awarded key training contracts on the island.
The Sakhalin Technical Training Centre (STTC) has been developed to meet an increased demand for competent workforces in Sakhalin and demonstrates Petrofac Training’s commitment to sustainable development for the island. Customers at the STTC will achieve the necessary standards of competence required by the Russian Federation of Mandatory and Vocational Training. The centre houses the latest competence-based training aids and systems combining underpinning theory with hands-on practical training, providing a truly blended learning environment.
Coinciding with the opening of the STTC are the awards of two key training contracts on Sakhalin Island.
Exxon Neftegas Limited (ENL) and Sakhalin Energy Investment Company Limited (SEIC) personnel will be among the first customers to access the new centre following the award of training contracts to PKT, covering competence-based operations and maintenance, emergency response and English language training.
Groups of apprentices from ENL and SEIC will undertake competence-based operations and maintenance training for the four main disciplines; production, instrument, electrical and mechanical, during an 18-month programme, comprising six months’ English language and 12 months’ technical training.
In addition, emergency response training for SEIC will cover oil spill response, psychological and physical training, radiation, chemical and biological protection training. Delegates will also gain experience in areas including fire fighting, methods of communication, and gas emergency salvage operations.
Phil Costelloe, regional director for the Asia Pacific region said: “The development of a new training centre and the awards from ENL and SEIC reflect the hard work and reputation of the organisation, and are examples of Petrofac Training’s commitment to sustainable development on Sakhalin Island.”