- Petrofac Supports Surrey SATRO to Train Engineers of the Future25 November 2008
- Petrofac Wins Brownfield Consultancy Contract in Abu Dhabi24 November 2008
- Petrofac Training Launches Fourth Emergency Management Simulator in UK21 November 2008
- Northern Producer on Location in Don20 November 2008
- Award Winning Partnership Between Petrofac and Kincorth Academy Celebrates 10 Years18 November 2008
- Petrofac awarded US$543 million lump-sum contract with Kuwait Oil Company13 November 2008
- Petrofac Acquires Production Technology Specialist29 August 2008
- Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30 June 200827 August 2008
- Petrofac Commences Offshore Construction and Drilling on Don26 August 2008
- Petrofac Training to Pilot the new Minimum Safety Training Standards25 August 2008
- Cycle Challenge Raises £60,000 for Cancer Charities21 August 2008
- Petrofac Commences Production from Chergui11 August 2008
- Petrofac Upgrades Fire Training Facility5 August 2008
- Petrofac Secures Further Gas Plant Project in Egypt1 August 2008
- Petrofac Receives Field Development Approval For Don28 May 2008
- Petrofac FPAL Verify Certificate26 May 2008
- AGM Resolutions Poll Results19 May 2008
- Interim Management and AGM Statement16 May 2008
- Petrofac Expands in Norway15 May 2008
- Petrofac Awarded Contract in Southern North Sea13 May 2008
- Sudan Divestment Task Force removes divestment recommendation on Petrofac12 May 2008
- Petrofac Opens Training Centre in Houston7 May 2008
- Petrofac Secures Further Award for Kashagan Field Development Project18 April 2008
- Petrofac Training Demonstrates Commitment to Sakhalin Island14 April 2008
- Venture Extends Contract with Petrofac7 April 2008
- Petrofac Awarded Ebla Gas Plant Project in Syria, Agrees to Acquire Equity in Production Sharing Contract4 April 2008
- Petrofac Awarded Two North Sea Projects3 April 2008
- SPD Lands Major Management Contract Offshore Mozambique27 January 2008
- Production Recommences on Thistle Alpha15 January 2008
- Petrofac and Dubai Petroleum to open Training Centre13 January 2008
- Petrofac secures Northern Producer and submits field development plans for Don Area Developments10 January 2008
Petrofac Secures Further Gas Plant Project in Egypt
1 August, 2008
Petrofac, the international oil & gas facilities service provider, has secured a further award from Khalda Petroleum Company (KPC). The contract, to provide engineering and procurement (EP) services for an additional gas train should convert to a lump-sum engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contract on a pre-agreed basis. This will be KPC’s fifth gas processing facility (SGT5) to be built at Salam in the Western Desert area of Egypt and adjacent to the ongoing third and fourth Salam gas train facilities (SGT3 & SGT4) which are already being executed by Petrofac.
The award will include Front End Engineering and Design (FEED), EP services and procurement of long lead items. It is anticipated that this will be converted into a full lump-sum EPC contract within the next two to four months. The initial award will facilitate fast-track execution of SGT5 by making best use of Petrofac’s current mobilisation in the region and as a result the new train is expected to come on stream towards the end of 2010.
Commenting on the award, Maroun Semaan, chief executive, Engineering & Construction said: “We are delighted to have been awarded this contract. As with many of our FEED and EP contracts we anticipate being mandated to undertake a later construction project. Such contracts enable customers to access Petrofac's expertise before commissioning major work and demonstrate our ability to service energy facilities throughout their life cycle."
Commenting on the award for KPC, Warren Ford, General Manager & Managing Director said: “KPC is very pleased to award the fifth Salam gas processing train to Petrofac. The addition of SGT5 will bring KPC’s total gas processing capacity in the Western Desert to 810 million cubic feet (MMcf) of gas and 31,000 barrels of condensate per day, including access to gas processing at Shell’s Obaiyed plant.
Gas production from SGT5 before the end of 2010 is made possible through utilisation of Petrofac’s EP experience from SGT3 & SGT4, the significant construction resource mobilisation in place, and full application of the lessons learned in SGT3 and SGT4 construction.”
With SGT3, SGT4 & SGT5 Petrofac is now involved with the addition of some 300 MMcf of gas processing capacity per day for KPC and the KPC shareholders, Apache Corporation and the Egyptian General Petroleum Corporation.