- Petrofac Supports Surrey SATRO to Train Engineers of the Future25 November 2008
- Petrofac Wins Brownfield Consultancy Contract in Abu Dhabi24 November 2008
- Petrofac Training Launches Fourth Emergency Management Simulator in UK21 November 2008
- Northern Producer on Location in Don20 November 2008
- Award Winning Partnership Between Petrofac and Kincorth Academy Celebrates 10 Years18 November 2008
- Petrofac awarded US$543 million lump-sum contract with Kuwait Oil Company13 November 2008
- Petrofac Acquires Production Technology Specialist29 August 2008
- Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30 June 200827 August 2008
- Petrofac Commences Offshore Construction and Drilling on Don26 August 2008
- Petrofac Training to Pilot the new Minimum Safety Training Standards25 August 2008
- Cycle Challenge Raises £60,000 for Cancer Charities21 August 2008
- Petrofac Commences Production from Chergui11 August 2008
- Petrofac Upgrades Fire Training Facility5 August 2008
- Petrofac Secures Further Gas Plant Project in Egypt1 August 2008
- Petrofac Receives Field Development Approval For Don28 May 2008
- Petrofac FPAL Verify Certificate26 May 2008
- AGM Resolutions Poll Results19 May 2008
- Interim Management and AGM Statement16 May 2008
- Petrofac Expands in Norway15 May 2008
- Petrofac Awarded Contract in Southern North Sea13 May 2008
- Sudan Divestment Task Force removes divestment recommendation on Petrofac12 May 2008
- Petrofac Opens Training Centre in Houston7 May 2008
- Petrofac Secures Further Award for Kashagan Field Development Project18 April 2008
- Petrofac Training Demonstrates Commitment to Sakhalin Island14 April 2008
- Venture Extends Contract with Petrofac7 April 2008
- Petrofac Awarded Ebla Gas Plant Project in Syria, Agrees to Acquire Equity in Production Sharing Contract4 April 2008
- Petrofac Awarded Two North Sea Projects3 April 2008
- SPD Lands Major Management Contract Offshore Mozambique27 January 2008
- Production Recommences on Thistle Alpha15 January 2008
- Petrofac and Dubai Petroleum to open Training Centre13 January 2008
- Petrofac secures Northern Producer and submits field development plans for Don Area Developments10 January 2008
Dubai Petroleum Incident
4 September, 2008
Petrofac, the international oil & gas facilities service provider, as Service Operator on the Dubai Petroleum offshore assets for Dubai Petroleum Establishment confirms that at approximately 20.20 hours (UAE) on Wednesday 3 September there was an incident involving a helicopter in the Rashid field approximately 70 kilometres offshore Dubai.
An Aerogulf Bell 212 helicopter carrying two crew members and five passengers was engaged in a routine infield flight. During take-off the helicopter crashed onto the deck of the Resilient, the Maersk jack-up drilling rig. The aircraft then broke up and fell into the sea.
Immediately following the incident, a fire broke out on the main deck of the drilling rig which was quickly contained and extinguished. Emergency response vessels and aircraft were mobilised and incident management control measures were immediately initiated in co-operation with the Dubai Police and Coastguard.
By 01:30 hours on Thursday 4 September, it was confirmed that there were no survivors, and that there were no additional casualties on either the drilling rig or the platform.
All operations on the Rashid field have been suspended and the platform and drilling rig have been secured.
The relatives of the deceased, who are contractor personnel and are confirmed as non UAE Nationals, are currently being informed. No Petrofac personnel are among the deceased.
An accident investigation has been initiated with Dubai Police and the General Civil Aviation Authority.