- Petrofac Supports Surrey SATRO to Train Engineers of the Future25 November 2008
- Petrofac Wins Brownfield Consultancy Contract in Abu Dhabi24 November 2008
- Petrofac Training Launches Fourth Emergency Management Simulator in UK21 November 2008
- Northern Producer on Location in Don20 November 2008
- Award Winning Partnership Between Petrofac and Kincorth Academy Celebrates 10 Years18 November 2008
- Petrofac awarded US$543 million lump-sum contract with Kuwait Oil Company13 November 2008
- Petrofac Acquires Production Technology Specialist29 August 2008
- Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30 June 200827 August 2008
- Petrofac Commences Offshore Construction and Drilling on Don26 August 2008
- Petrofac Training to Pilot the new Minimum Safety Training Standards25 August 2008
- Cycle Challenge Raises £60,000 for Cancer Charities21 August 2008
- Petrofac Commences Production from Chergui11 August 2008
- Petrofac Upgrades Fire Training Facility5 August 2008
- Petrofac Secures Further Gas Plant Project in Egypt1 August 2008
- Petrofac Receives Field Development Approval For Don28 May 2008
- Petrofac FPAL Verify Certificate26 May 2008
- AGM Resolutions Poll Results19 May 2008
- Interim Management and AGM Statement16 May 2008
- Petrofac Expands in Norway15 May 2008
- Petrofac Awarded Contract in Southern North Sea13 May 2008
- Sudan Divestment Task Force removes divestment recommendation on Petrofac12 May 2008
- Petrofac Opens Training Centre in Houston7 May 2008
- Petrofac Secures Further Award for Kashagan Field Development Project18 April 2008
- Petrofac Training Demonstrates Commitment to Sakhalin Island14 April 2008
- Venture Extends Contract with Petrofac7 April 2008
- Petrofac Awarded Ebla Gas Plant Project in Syria, Agrees to Acquire Equity in Production Sharing Contract4 April 2008
- Petrofac Awarded Two North Sea Projects3 April 2008
- SPD Lands Major Management Contract Offshore Mozambique27 January 2008
- Production Recommences on Thistle Alpha15 January 2008
- Petrofac and Dubai Petroleum to open Training Centre13 January 2008
- Petrofac secures Northern Producer and submits field development plans for Don Area Developments10 January 2008
Award Winning Partnership Between Petrofac and Kincorth Academy Celebrates 10 Years
18 November, 2008
Petrofac, the international oil & gas facilities service provider today (Tuesday 18 November) attended a civic reception at Aberdeen’s Town House to celebrate the tenth anniversary of its partnership with Kincorth Academy.
The event, hosted by Aberdeen Lord Provost Peter Stephen, was held to honour one of the first industry and education partnerships of its kind, which has been replicated throughout Scotland and instrumental in shaping the Scottish Government’s Determined to Succeed initiative.
Aberdeen Lord Provost Peter Stephen said, “The ten year partnership between Kincorth Academy and Petrofac is a winning formula for both the school and the company. Petrofac has invested in the community and made a real and lasting contribution to the lives of so many pupils over the past decade. I am sure that the company will continue to add value to the school for many more years to come.”
Beginning a year of special events to mark the anniversary, the reception also celebrated Kincorth Academy’s achievements earlier this year when it was presented with The Schools Award from Aberdeen City Council. The award recognises the continually developing partnership between Kincorth and Petrofac and was presented at the Council’s annual Children and Young People Services Awards ceremony in June.
Helen Stuart, head of HR for Petrofac Operations Services and chairperson of the partnership comments: “Our relationship is a success due to the dynamic connection between both organisations’ staff and the pupils from the Academy. At Petrofac we continually strive to ensure the work we do is always focused on enhancing the learning experiences of the pupils. Over the last ten years, we’ve worked together on some great projects and I am looking forward to all future projects.”
As well as supporting the school with vocational activities such as: fund raising, one-to-one mentoring programmes, work experience tailored to the individuals, mock interview and CV writing courses, the partnership part-funded and was instrumental in securing a lottery grant for Kincorth Academy’s ‘Field of Dreams’ all-weather sports facility.
The relationship has grown and developed since it was formed in 1998, with new members in both organisations keen to become involved in the various activities.
“Being new to the school, I am looking forward to working with Petrofac,” said Grahame Whyte, head teacher of Kincorth Academy. “The partnership has created such enthusiasm amongst pupils and teachers and greatly enriched the life of the school. I am looking forward to being part of this continuing relationship and some of the great projects that lie ahead.”
Petrofac has also helped to design and support Kincorth Academy’s annual awards ceremony, which celebrates the pupils’ successes in academia, recognises outstanding endeavour and behaviour, sporting achievements, citizenship awards and service to the school.