- Petrofac Appointed by Turkmengas on South Yoloten Gas Field Development30 December 2009
- Trading Update16 December 2009
- Kincorth Academy Builds Bridges with Petrofac11 December 2009
- Petrofac delivers global project management training through strategic alliance7 December 2009
- Don Southwest update3 December 2009
- Petrofac celebrates group-wide Environment Month1 December 2009
- Petrofac and Louisiana State University launch the first OPITO approved fire training course in the United States20 July 2009
- Petrofac acquires floating production facility17 July 2009
- Petrofac partnership awarded US$2.1 Billion Abu Dhabi integrated gas development contract16 July 2009
- Petrofac awarded engineering and offshore construction contract on Forties Field9 July 2009
- Petrofac Training Services appoints new Managing Director6 July 2009
- Petrofac awarded gas compression project worth more than US$350 million2 July 2009
- Don Southwest Commences Production1 July 2009
Petrofac Training First to Offer OPITO Accredited Minimum Industry Safety Standard
28 January, 2009
Petrofac Training, the leading provider of competence-led training and consultancy solutions to the international energy industries, has become the first training provider to be approved by OPITO to deliver the new Minimum Industry Safety Training (MIST) course.
The MIST course has been designed to introduce the fundamental safety elements of the offshore oil & gas industry to new starts. The course was developed in line with Step Change in Safety’s goal to make the UK the safest oil & gas exploration and production province in the world by 2010.
The course features nine modules, which include; understanding the risk assessment process, controlling the use of hazardous substances offshore and awareness of mechanical lifting activities. It expected that as of April 2009, all new entrants to the industry will be required to undergo MIST training before working offshore.
Developed by OPITO, the MIST course will provide consistent competence in basic safety awareness. Following a successful pilot, Petrofac Training will deliver the two-day course weekly from its training facility in Altens, Aberdeen.
Gordon Caird, regional manager Europe/Americas for Petrofac Training comments: “We are delighted that Petrofac Training is the first fully accredited training provider to offer the new OPITO Minimum Industry Safety Training.
“With over 25 years of experience in delivering offshore safety training, this new course will add to our extensive portfolio, where we already cater for new entrants to the oil and gas industry through our Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training.”
David Doig, chief executive of OPITO adds: “Providing enhanced safety training through the OPITO approved Minimum Industry Safety Training course will help to ensure that all new personnel are given an introduction to the fundamental safety issues that arise in the offshore industry, helping them to recognise and negate any potential hazards that they may encounter in the workplace. We are delighted that Petrofac Training has been successful in gaining approval to deliver the new OPITO Minimum Industry Safety Training course and we are sure it will prove of benefit to the industry.”
Petrofac Training is now taking bookings for the OPITO approved MIST course, and can also provide consultancy services to integrate the MIST standard into current training programmes.