We are a diverse company, operating out of seven operational centres in Aberdeen, Sharjah, Woking, Chennai, Mumbai, Abu Dhabi and Kuala Lumpur and a further 24 offices and 14 training facilities worldwide.
Today our projects span 29 countries and we are continuing to expand our geographic footprint further to develop new business and capabilities and to establish additional teams; all of which help us generate future growth.
Some recent examples of our geographic growth are shown below:
Our 1,140-strong Malaysian team is now responsible for more than US$2 billion of offshore projects. Since December 2010, we have secured:
- a risk service contract to lead the development and operation of the Berantai field, offshore Peninsular Malaysia
- our first lump-sum offshore engineering, procurement, construction, installation and commissioning (EPCIC) contract in South East Asia for the full scope of the SEPAT early production system – the team has since achieved first oil ahead of schedule
- a memorandum of understanding with PETRONAS. to accelerate the development of West Desaru fault block, part of PM304 block, located offshore Peninsular Malaysia
- a memorandum of understanding with PETRONAS for a technical training partnership to develop competency-based training for operations and maintenance personnel in Malaysia
- a contract with PETRONAS for the refurbishment of the Bekok-C platform
In August 2011, Petrofac became the first foreign company to operate state oil fields in Mexico for more than 70 years when it was awarded two integrated services contracts by Petróleos Mexicanos (PEMEX), Mexico’s National Oil Company, to develop the Magallanes and Santuario blocks, located in Tabasco State. We have since been awarded two further contracts:
- in June 2012, together with our partner Schlumberger, we were declared the selected bidder on the integrated services contract for the Pánuco contract area, located in Veracruz State in eastern Mexico
- we were awarded our fourth integrated services contract in Mexico in August 2012 to develop the Arenque contract area, situated offshore in the Gulf of Mexico; the contract will run for 30 years
We established operations in Iraq in mid-2010 and have since been awarded four contracts:
- an engineering, procurement and construction management contract for early production facilities in the Majnoon Field, one of Iraq's largest fields, on behalf of Shell Iraq Petroleum Development BV
- working with our joint venture partner, CPECC, on an inspection, maintenance and repair contract for the Rumaila oil field on behalf of BP Iraq (NV)
- a lump-sum engineering, procurement and construction contract on the Badra development's central processing facility
- providing offshore operations and maintenance services for the Iraq Crude Oil Expansion project
In 2010, we were awarded the largest contract in Petrofac’s 30 year history; the South Yoloten gas field development project. It is the second largest field in the world with over 700 tcf of gas reserves.
Under the US$3.4 billion contract, we are providing engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning (EPC) work on a lump-sum basis for a gas processing plant along with the infrastructure and associated pipelines.