Petrofac Emirates was established in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (UAE), to provide a full range of engineering, design, procurement and construction services for major onshore oil and gas, refining and petrochemical projects.
Petrofac Emirates was formed in 2008 as a strategic joint venture between Petrofac and Mubadala Petroleum. Petrofac increased its economic interest in the Company in 2013 to 75%, with the remaining 25% now owned by Nama Project Services LLC.
During the early phase of the Company, we were awarded the GASCO – 4th NGL Train and ADCO – Asab FFD projects. Following these awards, the Company grew rapidly and moved its operations to the Abu Dhabi Business Hub, where it is now well established as one of Petrofac’s major operational centres.
Since April 2013, we have been awarded four strategically important projects in Abu Dhabi:
We continue to diversify our services and were recently awarded a feasibility study relating to the assessment of a potential Alumina Refinery in consortium with Bechtel.
Emiratisation is a key priority at Petrofac Emirates and we are promoting the business as an employer of choice among UAE nationals. Every year we participate in major careers fairs across the UAE. We have also initiated a programme to offer grant-aided scholarships to Emirati engineering students.
During the last three years, Petrofac Emirates has made promising progress in attracting UAE nationals to join our talented team and we continue to expand our local talent pool.
Since its inception in 2008, we have established a first class engineering centre in Abu Dhabi. We have created business opportunities and established strong relationships over the last five years, in addition to helping Petrofac to expand our local talent pool by attracting UAE nationals to join our team. Looking forward, we want to build on the success we have achieved to date, including the important projects we have secured in Abu Dhabi this year.
Marwan Chedid, Managing Director, Engineering, Construction, Operations & Maintenance (ECOM)
Petrofac works with approved vendor lists from its customers.
The behaviours we expect of our employees, suppliers, contractors, agents and partners.
Abu Dhabi Business Hub
ICAD-1, Block A
PO Box 9398
United Arab Emirates
T: +971 2 810 4000
F: +971 2 810 4801