Emergency Response Service Centre, Aberdeen
Project: Emergency response support and incident management team
Customers include: BG Group, Centrica, Gaz De France Suez, Hess, Nexen, Rowan Drilling and Wood Group
Location: North Sea and international installations
In 2006 Petrofac Training Services launched the first Emergency Response Service Centre in Aberdeen. It provides emergency response support for multiple North Sea operators in the event of an emergency situation. Our purpose-built Emergency Response Service Centre (ERSC) can deliver a complete emergency response solution for clients operating worldwide.
The centre has more than demonstrated its worth since it opened in 2006. In the last five years, our dedicated ERSC team has responded to over 700 calls for assistance. Of these, more than 25 calls have resulted in live mobilisations of the Incident Management team.
Our ERSC supports customers by providing:
- 24/7 access to dedicated and professional emergency response services, including a pool of specialist responders
- a continual cycle of training to ensure that clients are prepared to respond effectively to any emergency situation
- support for a variety of assets - from manned and unmanned installations and drilling rigs to hydrocarbon carrying vessels and pipelines
- robust and resilient state-of-the-art IT and telecommunications equipment to ensure our customers are best prepared to respond to an emergency situation
- access to a secondary, backup ERSC facility, located a short distance away
- response teams and responders to work with customers in remote or site-specific locations
The ERSC is the first point of contact for a number of North Sea and international installations, providing them with an immediate and effective response in emergencies. The centre has made a positive impact on the response capability of our customers, including BG Group, Centrica, Gaz De France Suez, Hess, Nexen, Rowan Drilling and Wood Group.
Demand for our ERSC services continues to increase. We have recently recruited additional experienced and dedicated responders to meet the needs of our growing ERSC customer base.
The ERSC has been involved in live play exercises with government agencies on many occasions, including the secretary of state representative (SOSREP) and the Department of Environment and Climate Change (DECC, formerly the DTI).
For more information, please visit the Petrofac Training Services website.
View our other operations in this region: